Perfect for legal secretaries, paralegals, librarians and attorneys, Legal Secretary Federal Litigation not only explains how to file federal pleadings and papers, but also includes document completion and filing requirements, and a comprehensive directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and more for each federal court. Save time, phone calls and returned documents by using the one-stop resource for federal court filing.
Fast Access to Every Federal Court
The only guide that shows you in one volume the who, what, where, when, and how of filing documents in any federal court. All your filing needs can be met with one desk-sized volume. Legal Secretary Federal Litigation is a combination federal court directory and procedures guide. It lists all the filing requirements, fees, courts, names, addresses and phone numbers you need to speed up the filing process and avoid costly errors. Inside Legal Secretary Federal Litigation you’ll find information that is:
- Current and Accurate All information is updated twice annually by the court clerks themselves and double-checked by our editorial advisory board.
- Easy to Use Each section is organized by subject, and courts are listed alphabetically by district. Filing requirements, fees, hours, addresses and phone numbers are conveniently listed in the same section so you won’t constantly flip back and forth.
- Practical Court-specific procedures and local rules are described and defined in plain English, and only the information you need is included. Litigation timetables and procedures checklists help keep your filing on track. You’ll save time, phone calls and returned documents by using the one-stop resource for federal court filing.
Ideal for legal secretaries, paralegals, librarians and attorneys, this book not only explains how to file federal pleadings and papers, but also includes document completion and filing requirements, and a comprehensive directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and more for each federal court. Includes filing requirements for every federal court:
- Filing Deadlines
- Filing Fees
- Backing and Covers
- Number of Copies Needed
- Electronic Access Information
- Appendices to Briefs
- Rule 26 Discovery Requirements
- Caption Style
Also includes the addresses of all federal courts, along with complete listing of names and phone numbers of the following:
- U.S. Attorneys
- U.S. Marshals
- U.S. Magistrates
- Secretaries of State
- Division Offices
REVISION 42 HIGHLIGHTS
This revision of Legal Secretary Federal Litigation offers up-to-date and extensive federal court information, including contact information, filing requirements, court procedures, and much more!
District Court Directory and Filing Requirements (Chapter 3)
- Court Directories
- Filing Requirements
- Court Information
- Names and Phone Numbers of Official Court Reporters
Appellate Court Procedures and Brief Page Limitations (Chapter 4)
- Filing and service
- Electronic filing
- Proof of service
Appellate Court Directory and Filing Instructions (Chapter 5)
- Court directories
- Filing requirements
Supreme Court (Chapter 6)
- Appearance of counsel
- Obtaining the court’s opinions
Special Courts Directory and Procedures (Chapter 7)
- Court directories
- Filing requirements
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Writs of Extraordinary Relief
ABBREVIATED TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER 1 OVERVIEW OF THE FEDERAL COURT SYSTEM
CHAPTER 2 FEDERAL LITIGATION PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 3 DISTRICT COURT DIRECTORY AND FILING REQUIREMENTS
CHAPTER 4 APPELLATE COURT PROCEDURES
CHAPTER 5 APPELLATE COURT DIRECTORY AND FILING INSTRUCTIONS
CHAPTER 6 SUPREME COURT DIRECTORY AND PROCEDURES
CHAPTER 7 SPECIAL COURTS DIRECTORY AND PROCEDURES
CHAPTER 8 DIRECTORY OF FEDERAL AGENCIES
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Pamela Everett Nollkamper is President of Gem Legal Management, Inc. a corporation that provides consultant services to law firms and corporations. Ms. Everett-Nollkamper has taught paralegal courses for more than 30 years at Saddleback College, Santa Ana College, and Fullerton College in Orange County, California. She is a member of the Legal Assistant Advisory Committees of Fullerton College. In addition to authoring this book, Ms. Everett Nollkamper’s writing credits include author of Legal Secretary Federal Litigation (James Publishing), Fundamentals Of Law Office Management (Delmar Cengage Learning), co-author of The Limited Liability Company (James Publishing) and articles for various legal publications.
Ms. Everett Nollkamper holds a bachelor’s of science degree in Vocational Education from California State University at Long Beach and a master’s degree in Management from the University of Redlands.