Filing procedures are seldom found in either traditional practice guides, or on the Web. Colleagues with experience in the area may be unavailable. Courts clerks are hard to reach.
When you need ready and reliable answers to procedure questions, turn to Marlene Hazlewood’s California Legal Secretary. Written specifically for those who have to quickly prepare and file legal documents, California Legal Secretary contains:
- Concise statements of procedure
- Completed forms
- Detailed completion and filing instructions
Hundreds of attorneys and paralegals own and rely on California Legal Secretary. They use the book to quickly find the specific nuts and bolts how-to information that is seldom found in traditional practice guides. Here, in one affordable book, are detailed procedures and model forms to speed and simplify your court filings and transactions:
1. Detailed procedures
Dozens of procedure checklists are provided, each cross-referenced to the applicable forms. You receive specific, step-by-step instructions:
- Content and format of pleadings, discovery documents, motions and briefs
- How to file all types of forms
- Service requirements
- Deadlines and fees
2. Model forms
Hundreds of completed forms are supplied – in both print and digital formats – for the most common types of litigation and transactions:
- California and federal civil litigation
- Family law
- Real property
- Wills and probate
Hundreds of Step-by-Step Guidelines
Written in plain English, with no confusing statutory language or legalese, the instructions are given in quick-reading outline format with no extra law to wade through—only the rules and procedures you need. The forms are completed so you know what to place where, and memory-prodding checklists keep you from omitting any key steps. California Legal Secretary will help you to:
- File suit against a public entity
- Commence an unlawful detainer action
- Execute disclosure and discovery documents
- Commence workers’ compensation proceedings
- And much, much more!
For a complete and comprehensive guide to California legal procedures, turn to California Legal Secretary. Find definitions, background information, step-by-step guidelines, statement of procedure and plenty of sample forms to help you file documents correctly the first time.
REVISION 26 HIGHLIGHTS
California Legal Secretary provides the specific how-to information that is seldom found in traditional practice guides. Here, in one affordable book, are detailed procedures and model forms to speed and simplify your court filings and transactions. This edition provides:
10 UPDATED AND NEW SAMPLE FORMS
Civil Trial and Pre-Trial – Chapter 2
- Sample form 209-1: Information on Appeal Procedures for Unlimited Civil Cases
- Sample form 209.1.2-1: Civil Case Information Statement
- Sample form 209.2-1 Appellant’s Notice Designating Record on Appeal
- Sample form 221.3.3-1: Exemptions From Enforcement of Judgment
Family Law – Chapter 4
- Sample form 413.1-4: Income and Expense Declaration
Corporations – Chapter 6
- Sample form 617.1-1: Notice of Transaction Pursuant to Corporations Code Section 25102(f)
- Sample form 617.1-2: Notice of Issuance of Securities Pursuant to Subdivision (h) of Section 25102 of the California Corporations Code
- Sample form 630-1: Fictitious Business Name Statement
- Sample form 643-3: Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Incorporation
- Sample form 643-3: Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Incorporation—Name Change Only–Stock
STATUTE AND RULE AMENDMENTS regarding—
- Electronic filing and service procedures.
- Signatures on electronically filed documents.
- Acceptance of electronic service.
- Separate statements for discovery motions after 2019.
- Computation of time to respond to three day notice and summons and complaint in unlawful detainer actions.