- Access to digital forms on Jamesforms.com
- ISBN: 1-58012-005-9
Legal Secretary Federal Litigation – 2014
How to file federal pleadings and papers, document completion and filing requirements, and a directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and more for each federal court. by Pamela Everett Nollkamper PRE-ORDER the August 2014 edition now! All orders placed before 8/15/2014 will be shipped on 8/15/2014, the day the updated book is released.
- Access to digital forms on Jamesforms.com
The August 2014 update of Legal Secretary Federal Litigation offers you the most up-to-date information you need, including filing requirements, fees, federal rules and court procedures. In this revision you will find:
- Filing requirements for electronic access to court records
- Updated fees and prices
- Current electronic filing requirements
- Updated contact information for clerks, judges, and courts
Perfect for legal secretaries, paralegals, librarians and attorneys, Legal Secretary Federal Litigation not only explains how to file federal pleadings and papers, but also includes document completion and filing requirements, and a comprehensive directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and more for each federal court. Save time, phone calls and returned documents by using the one-stop resource for federal court filing.
Fast Access to Every Federal Court
The only guide that shows you in one volume the who, what, where, when, and how of filing documents in any federal court. All your filing needs can be met with one desk-sized volume. Legal Secretary Federal Litigation is a combination federal court directory and procedures guide. It lists all the filing requirements, fees, courts, names, addresses and phone numbers you need to speed up the filing process and avoid costly errors. Inside Legal Secretary Federal Litigation you’ll find information that is:
- Current and Accurate All information is updated twice annually by the court clerks themselves and double-checked by our editorial advisory board.
- Easy to Use Each section is organized by subject, and courts are listed alphabetically by district. Filing requirements, fees, hours, addresses and phone numbers are conveniently listed in the same section so you won’t constantly flip back and forth.
- Practical Court-specific procedures and local rules are described and defined in plain English, and only the information you need is included. Litigation timetables and procedures checklists help keep your filing on track. You’ll save time, phone calls and returned documents by using the one-stop resource for federal court filing.
Ideal for legal secretaries, paralegals, librarians and attorneys, this book not only explains how to file federal pleadings and papers, but also includes document completion and filing requirements, and a comprehensive directory of names, addresses, telephone numbers and more for each federal court. Includes filing requirements for every federal court:
- Filing Deadlines
- Filing Fees
- Backing and Covers
- Number of Copies Needed
- Electronic Access Information
- Appendices to Briefs
- Rule 26 Discovery Requirements
- Caption Style
Also includes the addresses of all federal courts, along with complete listing of names and phone numbers of the following:
- U.S. Attorneys
- U.S. Marshals
- U.S. Magistrates
- Secretaries of State
- Division Offices
Chapter 1: Overview of the Federal Court System
Chapter 2: Federal Litigation Procedure
Chapter 3: District Court Directory and Filing Requirements
Chapter 4: Appellate Court Procedures
Chapter 5: Appellate Court Directory and Filing Instructions
Chapter 6: Supreme Court Directory and Procedures
Chapter 7: Special Courts Directory and Procedures
Chapter 8: Directory of Federal Agencies
Pamela Everett Nollkamper is President of Gem Legal Management, Inc. a corporation that provides consultant services to law firms and corporations. Ms. Everett-Nollkamper is an instructor in the paralegal programs of Saddleback College and Fullerton College in Orange County, California. She is a member of the Legal Assistant Advisory Committees of Fullerton College and Saddleback College.
In addition to authoring this book, Ms. Everett-Nollkapmer’s writing credits include author of Bankruptcy Courts And Procedures (James Publishing), Fundamentals Of Law Office Management (West Publishing), co-author of Limited Liability Company (James Publishing) and articles for various legal publications including Legal Assistant Today Magazine.
Ms. Everett-Nollkamper holds a bachelor’s of science degree in Vocational Education from California State University at Long Beach and a master’s degree in Management from the University of Redlands. She is listed in Who’s Who of American Law, Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders of America, Who’s Who of American Education, Who’s Who of American Women, Who’s Who of Finance and Industry, the International Who’s Who of Women, and Who’s Who in the World.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: 1-866-72-JAMES (866-725-2637)
Fax: (714) 751-2709