“This guide is excellent! It is well-written, well organized and complete. It made the DTPA case I am handling very easy.”
— Arturo D. Torres, Torres Cantu & Assoc.
Over 290 Forms With Supporting Law and Procedure
Defendants are fighting harder than ever. Revisions to the Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act continue to give consumers more hurdles to overcome. The courts are strict in determining which DTPA cases fit within the “laundry list” pleading provisions. A “knowing” violation is required for all mental anguish damages. And in some cases, damage caps may eliminate DTPA protection altogether.
Obtain practical, proven tools for handling these tricky cases in Tekell’s Texas DTPA Forms and Practice Guide.
You receive a comprehensive collection of forms, from custom Insurance Code interrogatories and pattern deposition questions through jury charges to laundry list questions and trial objection checklists. You will also find detailed legal discussions and step-by-step procedures in every major consumer law category, including:
- Purchase of goods and services
- Investments and business opportunities
- Home and land purchases
- Rental property
- Assisted living facilities
- Commercial property leases
- Construction defects
- Lender liability
- Auto purchase and repair
- Insurance code violation
Understand Insurance Code Article 21.21
Article 21.21 continues to confound attorneys, but Texas DTPA Forms and Practice Guide unravels its mysteries. The book provides detailed answers to tough Insurance Code questions, plus sample petitions and other pleadings, jury charges, discovery questions, and more. No other resource offers more in-depth or practical guidance on the subject.
Digital Access to Forms
The Digital Access included with the book contains the full text of the book and over 290 DTPA forms. You receive notices, responses, petitions, interrogatories, deposition outlines, motions, jury charges, and more. All the forms are custom-drafted, practice-proven, and annotated with citations and use notes. These forms will save you hours and raise the level of your advocacy.
DTPA Texas Supreme Court Case Digest
Also provided at no additional charge is a 128-page soft-cover digest of every Texas Supreme Court case interpreting either the Deceptive Trade Practices—Consumer Protection Act or Article 21.21 Section 16 of the Insurance Code. Each case is digested in two or three paragraphs, and is organized chronologically under subject headings. The full text of the DTPA, Article 21.21, and the Residential Construction Liability Act are included in this portable reference.
Texas DTPA Forms and Practice Guide provides all the forms you’ll need to efficiently work-up all your DTPA cases from start to finish.
REVISION 14 HIGHLIGHTS
The new edition of Texas DTPA Forms & Practice includes:
New chapters, updating and organizing the materials on three specific types of cases, to make it easier to find the legal analysis or practice tool you need: New and Used Motor Vehicles (Chapter 14); Business Opportunities and Franchises (Chapter 15); and Manufactured Housing (Chapter 16).
Updated DTPA Deskbook, including additions to the “laundry list” and other relevant statutory revisions enacted during the 2015 legislative session.
New and/or Substantially Revised Forms:
- Plaintiff’s Original Petition: Used Motor Vehicle – Misrepresented/Undisclosed Condition
- Defendant’s Original Answer With Affirmative Defenses—Sale of Used Motor Vehicle
- Defendant’s Answer, with Specific Denials, Verified Denials and Affirmative Defenses —Texas Business Opportunities Act
- Plaintiff’s Original Petition Against Manufactured Home Retailer for Refusal to Refund Deposit
- Plaintiff’s interrogatories to Defendant-Car Dealer
- Plaintiff’s Interrogatories To Defendant-Car Manufacturer- Recall
- Defendant’s Interrogatories to Plaintiff re: Claim of Misrepresented Defective Vehicle
- Plaintiff’s Request for Production to Car Dealer/Seller
- Defendant’s Request for Production to Plaintiff
- Request for Production — Franchisee to Franchisor re Misrepresentations Regarding Territory and Profits
- Request for Production – Defendant-Franchisor to Franchisee re Misrepresentation in Sale of Franchise
- Interrogatories to Defendant-Manufactured Home Dealer re Misrepresentations at Time of Sale Interrogatories to Defendant-Manufactured Home Dealer for Wrongfully Withholding Deposit
- Request for Production to Defendant-Manufacturer
- Request for Production to Defendant re Wrongfully Withholding Deposit