Prepare documents quickly and correctly with this practice-proven resource
Florida Legal Secretary is different from other legal references. Instead of detailed expositions of the law, it consists of hundreds of nuts-and-bolts procedures and completed forms:
- How to prepare, file, serve, and amend pleadings
- Preparing and serving written discovery
- How to prepare and file discovery motions
- Getting ready for trial
- Enforcing judgments
- Preparing purchase and sale documents
- How to prepare the mortgage
- Steps for closing sales
- How to foreclose mortgages, agreements for deeds, and statutory liens
- Drafting leases and terminating rental agreements
- Reserving corporate names
- Preparing and filing corporate formation documents
- Housekeeping matters
- Forming LLCs and general and limited partnerships
- Mergers and dissolutions
Plus similarly-detailed procedures and forms for:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Estate administration
- Criminal litigation
This book-and-Digital Access package provides litigation and transactional forms with completion instructions and filing procedures. Each of the more than 1,000 forms accessible via an emailed zip file comes with a quick-reference procedure section in print that details:
- Whom to serve
- Who receives copies
- Other filing requirements and fees
- How many copies to make
- Cross-references to related procedural explanations
- Additional documents to prepare
Instead of digging through old files, needlessly calling the court clerk, or receiving returned, unfiled documents, you can now have at your fingertips the necessary forms, as well as detailed explanations of how to use them.
The new edition of Florida Legal Secretary brings you current on the governing law and procedures in seven different practice areas. Author Kathleen J. Hill has updated every chapter of the book with new and revised text covering the following topics and more:
CHAPTER 1, REAL ESTATE
- Additional Homestead Exemption for the Elderly
- Homeowners’ Associations — Electronic Voting New!
- Termination of Rental Agreement Upon Foreclosure New!
CHAPTER 2, BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS
- Forming the Limited Liability Company
- Voting Rights of Limited Liability Company Members and Managers
- Administrative Dissolution/Reinstatement of Limited Liability Company
CHAPTER 3, CIVIL LITIGATION
- Service on Corporations
- Objections re: Depositions on Written Questions
- Execution of Judgment Against Corporate Judgment Debtor
CHAPTER 4, FAMILY LAW
- Rights of Grandparents
- Collaborative Law Process Act
- Who May Be Adopted; Who May Adopt
CHAPTER 5, ESTATE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Trustee’s Duty to Pay Expenses and Obligations
- Formal Estate Administration — Costs and Attorney’s Fees
- Persons Not Qualified to Serve as Personal Representative
- Removal of Personal Representative
CHAPTER 6, GUARDIANSHIP
- Appointment of a For-Profit Corporate Guardian
- Considerations in Appointment of Guardian
- Suspension of Power of Attorney before Incapacity Determination New!
- Guardian’s and Attorney’s Fees and Expenses
CHAPTER 7, CRIMINAL LAW
- Minimum Standards for Trial Attorneys in Capital and Post-Conviction Cases New!
- Notice to Seek Death (Rule e 3.180) New!
- Capital Felonies
- Findings and Recommended Sentence by the Jury in Capital Felony Case New!
- Imposition Sentence of Life Imprisonment or Death New!
- Review of Judgment and Sentence in Capital Felony Case New!
- Probation and Community Control — Notice of a “Technical Violation” New!