Reliable Criminal Law Answers
Here in one affordable volume is ready access to authoritative Florida criminal law precedent. Find winning arguments, evaluate key issues, anticipate the opposition’s moves, and locate case support with Florida Criminal Trial Procedure.
Focusing on the litigation of felonies in the circuit court, Florida Criminal Trial Procedure provides comprehensive coverage of arrest, indictment, arraignment, bail, pretrial detention, discovery, pretrial motions, notices, speedy trial, jury selection, proof and argument, verdict and judgment, and more. You can rely on Florida Criminal Trial Procedure for:
1. Authoritative legal analysis
- Over 1,500 cases are analyzed and cited in over 280 topics, giving you quick access to Florida criminal precedent. Guidance is provided for emerging legal doctrines, fact-dependent issues, and difficult-to-apply rules. Start-to-finish coverage is provided, taking you from arrest to judgment.
2. Artfully-drafted pretrial motions
- Minimize time-consuming research and painful legal writing with these well-supported, ready-to-print motions drafted by the author. The average motion is four pages long and contains 15-20 citations.
3. Valuable tips and techniques
- Wise suggestions, tactics, and cautions are sprinkled throughout the text. The author’s decades of experience comes through loud and clear in the sections on arrest, indictment and bail, discovery, and pretrial.
Included with this book at no extra charge is a full-text CD-ROM.
Florida Criminal Trial Procedure's incisive, heavily-cited discussions of the principle issues upon which most cases turn will help you quickly find the relevant law that you need. Dozens of practical suggestions, cautions, and shortcuts, complete with illustrations, will increase your effectiveness and help you avoid errors. And the tightly-written pretrial motions raise the level of your advocacy and save hours; all are provided on the CD and may be accessed and modified using your word processor.